Rock band 4 Maybe??

Talk about anything on your mind.

Moderator: Doc's Crew

Rock band 4 Maybe??

Postby MeLsY » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:33 am

Wow it has been a long time since i have been to this forum. I have been playing 360 midi pro custom kit for this whole time.
So i just checked it out and saw they came out with the legacy adapter that will allow the setup to play on xbox one RB4 so i guess i can finnaly get one.
But, is it worth it. Are the new features for the drums worth buying the console, game ,and legacy adapter?

Thanks
MeLsY
Hardcore Band Member

Re: Rock band 4 Maybe??

Postby Azerik » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:48 pm

I cannot give an unbiased opinion.

I jumped on RB4 as one of the reasons to finally move up to the next console.

Honestly I liked RB3 better from a gameplay perspective, but the lure of getting new content is hard to ignore. They are working on the game and they are listening to users. I can't help but feel a little responsible for some of the changes they made to the Crew stuff recently. I wrote a rather long response to their survey they emailed me and most of the points I raised were directly addressed.

The new songs are coming out at a slower rate than they used to (I think), but they are doing a decent mix, so it's not all one genre. The downside is the loss of *all* RBN songs. They don't transfer to the new gen.

I don't regret getting RB4, the setup to use the old instruments is a little wonky (on the xbone at least), but it works once you get it set up. I'm playing one of my favorite games ever.
You, my confused little friend, need a clue. Luckily, I have one here shaped like a nightstick.
Azerik
Living Legend

Re: Rock band 4 Maybe??

Postby LoopyChew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:47 am

Basically what Azerik said. The drums are basically the same as they were before, but we're getting new content at the expense of legacy RBN. It's not the best tradeoff, but it's one I'm fine living with.
"If you have any dignity, you will apologize to the rice, RIGHT NOW!" -- Chow Yun-Fat
Setup: DTXp4v2, GHWT pass-through
XBL: LoopyChew
LoopyChew
Loopy Legend

Return to Rockers Lounge