Turtle Beach Headset (EarForce)

Have an opinion on some Rockband Gear? Speak Up!

Moderator: Doc_SoCal

Re: Turtle Beach Headset (EarForce)

Postby avsg1rl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:08 pm

I am using my TB DX11's when playing drums. Normally for XBL games, I use my TB-PX5s but find they can have notable drops in sound when playing RB3, unsure why. Thus the reason I used the old wired phones rather than wireless.

Interesting enough, I am most likely going to be picking up some "normal" headphones for plugging into my Alesis Trigger I/O once I get it. I will be looking for good quality sound under 100.00 (do they exist?)
avsg1rl
Band Member

Postby jgrills » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm

I don't believe an Alesis Trigger I/O can produce sounds, so I don't know why it would have a headphone jack. I've really loved my Etymotics, but when I got them the company didn't offer as many products as it does now, and I don't think they had anything at all sub $100. But they do now, so check out their mc5 or 6i products. Here's a comparison of the headphone products they now offer: http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/epcomp.html

The one complaint I might have with ear canal phones like this is that if the cord rubs on your clothing, that vibration is transferred deeper into your ear so you hear it more. You can usually adjust the way the cord hangs to address the issue and make it quite tolerable, but it can be annoying to take the time to do that. I imagine when drumming one might move enough to make this a bigger problem.
jgrills
Rock & Roll Ratchet

Postby avsg1rl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 pm

^^^ thanks that was a n00b mistake. I was thinking the trigger i/o was a drum module and I am glad I did my research before purchasing it. I would be horrified to have gotten it and then learned what it really was.

I will check those out. Thanks!
avsg1rl
Band Member

Postby Sugs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey Avs, I thought you had a TD-6 on the way? Or did that fall through? The Trigger I/O is useful for expanding inputs to a brain, like the TD-6, but it isn't itself a brain.
XBL: Sugs [on sabbatical ;)] __ Pro Expert Drums: modded RB2 SL kit _ Expert Vox: Lips/SM58/RB2 mics _ Expert Guitar/Bass: RB2 strat _ TB:RB fan!
Sugs
Renaissance Man

Location: Jordan -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3ncKB8a4s#t=3m41s

Postby avsg1rl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:43 am

^^^ I got out bid on it. :( Now I am looking at either the Pintech EZ2 or DM6 from el_bobbo, any ideas which one is better?

Thanks!
avsg1rl
Band Member

Previous

Return to Gear Reviews