My New Love

Discuss Your Real World Guitar Playing

Moderator: Sugs

My New Love

Postby Kineticartist » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Picked up this fabulous Washburn WD26SCE Dreadnought from world music supply for the incredibly low price of $228 plus shipping
It is by far the nicest looking and nicest sounding guitar ive ever owned it has made learning /re learning guitar a pure joy

I call her "Shaniqua"
Why Leash Your Imagination In The First Place?
PSN ID: KineticArtist
xBox Live GamerTag: K1n3t1cu5
Drums: Mostly Hard & Several Expert
Vocals: Expert
Bass: Now serving up Hard to expert bass
Guitar: Are you kidding me?
Kineticartist
One of a Kind

Re: My New Love

Postby Sugs » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Congrats dude! She is pretty! And with inlays and a cutaway too, wow... that seems pretty incredible for $228.

Go ahead and take it in to an experienced guitar tech and have it set up... It'll make it even more pleasurable to play.
XBL: Sugs [on sabbatical ;)] __ Pro Expert Drums: modded RB2 SL kit _ Expert Vox: Lips/SM58/RB2 mics _ Expert Guitar/Bass: RB2 strat _ TB:RB fan!
Sugs
Renaissance Man

Location: Jordan -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3ncKB8a4s#t=3m41s

Postby Kineticartist » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Sugs wrote:Congrats dude! She is pretty! And with inlays and a cutaway too, wow... that seems pretty incredible for $228.

Go ahead and take it in to an experienced guitar tech and have it set up... It'll make it even more pleasurable to play.

Sugs that was my first thought but Ive checked the intonation and everything else and its spot on and they used high quality strings
World Music Supply says this is a $712 guitar they sell (and everyone else) for $379 and it is still on sale for got to mention its an electro acoustic with Fishman 301T Preamp guts and on board digital tuner

You know that resonance you hear /feel when you strum a well made guitar thats in perfect tune? yeah thats Shaniqua
solid cedar top and rosewood back and sides (pieced) so not the standard spruce and mahogany

Heres the link
http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Washbur ... uitar.html
Kineticartist
One of a Kind

Postby Sugs » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, anytime a guitar (no matter how high quality it is) is kept in storage, there's a good chance it could use some setup (truss, bridge, intonation, etc) when it comes out. That's why guitar shops will setup any new guitar that gets purchased. When you get it shipped though, unless WMS sets it up prior to shipping (and even then), it probably could use adjustments or at least checking. But you can always get lucky and get a guitar in near perfect shape.

If you checked it though and are happy, then you should be good to go...
XBL: Sugs [on sabbatical ;)] __ Pro Expert Drums: modded RB2 SL kit _ Expert Vox: Lips/SM58/RB2 mics _ Expert Guitar/Bass: RB2 strat _ TB:RB fan!
Sugs
Renaissance Man

Location: Jordan -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3ncKB8a4s#t=3m41s

Postby Kineticartist » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 am

Sugs thanks for the input and when I make my next trip into Sam Ash Ill let their techs take a look at it but really from the sound of this guitar I dont think there is much they could do to make it any better at this stage it is one of thee best sounding guitars Ive ever played and ive played on some high end Taylors and Martins (not mine friends of mine in the band I was in) I cant stress how much of a good deal I feel I got in buying this guitar all 3 of my kids have completely forgot about their spiffy electric guitars in favor of Shaniqua and look dejected when I tell them go get your own axe if ya want to play with me ;o)
Kineticartist
One of a Kind

Postby el_bobbo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 am

Looks good brother.
Bobby D.
New England Music Supply

PSN = el_bobbo
XBL = el b0bb0
el_bobbo
Resident Gear Dealer

Postby Kineticartist » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:08 pm

IM going to have to do a video Ive got the Behringer UCG102 its a small dongle like device that allows me to plug in my guitar then plug in to the computer to record this way you will get a really good idea of how this axe sounds

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/behring ... rface.html
Kineticartist
One of a Kind

Return to Guitar Playing and Theory