Tom Petty tour 2013

Talk about your favorite band(s)

Moderator: Doc_SoCal

Tom Petty tour 2013

Postby lynxis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 am

Saw Tom Petty at Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN on Saturday 6/15.

If you have the opportunity to see the show, take advantage of it. It was the best concert I've ever been to, and I've been to plenty.

The venue is an amphitheater that opened in 1989 and holds 24,000. Towards the end of the show Tom announced that this was the largest crowd in the almost 25 year history of the venue.

Rock & Roll Star
Love is a Long Road
I Won't Back Down
Here Comes My Girl
Mary Jane
Good Enough
Free Fallin'
Woman in Love
Listen to Her Heart
Tweeter and the Monkey Man
You Wreck Me
Melinda
Learning to Fly
You're So Bad
I Should Have Known It
Refugee
Running Down a Dream
Don't Come Around Here
American Girl

4 of us left at 7 am drove to a campgrounds near the venue. Got camp set up and drove out to Guitar Center to drool over some gear for an hour or so. While we were there, we saw the opener "The Smithereens" loading up thousands of dollars worth of gear. Not sure why they needed so much new gear but they had guy after guy taking gear out of the store and loading it up into the tour bus which we then saw on stage at the show.

Got back to camp at around 130 and cooked some food and headed out to the show at about 6. Saw a side stage opener called "Hero Jr" that was surprisingly good. We liked them much more than the main stage support act The Smithereens. Tom and the Hearbreakers came on a bit after 9 and rocked the place essentially non stop for a bit over 2 hours. Every song screamed and it felt like a privilege to have been there. My favorite was Mary Jane, but I Should Have Known It was very close behind. There wasn't a single song that was a let down. Every single song was great. Amazing show.

Got back to camp at about 1145, an hour before just about everyone else at the campground (got lucky with traffic) and the last of the 4 of us went to bed after the sun was coming up. Ended up getting home around 130 or so and felt like zombie the rest of the day. Here it is Monday and I'm sad that it's all over. We had been looking forward to it for several months. BUT, the good news is, the next rock out is only 5 days away, and I'm sure the setlist will be heavy with some heartbreakers songs!
lynxis
Hardcore Band Member

Return to Music Appreciation